Project Administration Program
Project Management is a function of business that is growing in relevance, recognition, and scope. The Project Administration program is positioned as an entry-level access point to this profession and will give students a competitive advantage in this untapped market segment. The program provides the basic foundation towards industry certification through the Project Management Institute (PMI), specifically the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) designation. This certification will give students opportunities for career growth and advancement.
DURATION: 40 weeks
THE PROGRAM WILL PROVIDE
- Knowledge and skills necessary to lead and / or assist in the coordination and /or administration of projects for a variety of business sectors. The basic foundation towards industry certification through the Project Management Institute (PMI), specifically the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification exam.
- The professional skills in high demand by employers, including negotiating, decision making, team-work, communication, customer service, leadership, research, and problem solving.
- The program will also provide a solid knowledge of project administration, management practices, principles and practical use of Microsoft applications.
Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and can follow instructions. Applicants whose first language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency.
An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
- Administrative Officer
- Administrative Services Coordinator
- Business Services Officer
- Implementation Officer
- Office Coordinator
- Planning Officer
- Public Trustee
Anticipated salary: C$48,603 – C$116,726 (Information from PayScale Canada)
Program Category: Business
Program Syllabus: Click to Download