The PC Support Specialist Diploma program prepares students to effectively manage the problems they may encounter when supporting personal computers in a business environment. It provides in-depth knowledge of both computer hardware and software.
Students gain experience by performing hardware configuration-related activities. The program prepares students for the following industry certification exams: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Server+. Successful student may choose to progress to advanced qualifications such as MCSA, MCSE, or MCITP.
DURATION: 47 weeks
THE PROGRAM WILL PROVIDE
- The necessary skills to provide technical support to end users within a small to medium size business.
- The ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- An understanding of how to replace and install new computer hardware.
- The knowledge to support all aspects of computer software applications and operating systems.
Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and can follow instructions. Applicants whose first language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency.
An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
- Hardware Installation Coordinator
- Network Administrator
- Network Support Technician
- Local Area Network (LAN) Administrator
- Local Area Network (LAN) Technician
Anticipated salary: C$33,707 – C$72,311 (Information from PayScale Canada)
Program Category: IT
Program Syllabus: Click to Download