Help Desk Support Analyst
Graduates of this program are prepared for career opportunities with computer hardware manufacturers and retailers, software manufacturers, call centres, and information technology departments throughout the private and public sectors. Job opportunities often exist within the technical support departments of large companies within the insurance, financial, pharmaceutical, and telecommunications industries. Careers that correspond with the skills learned in this program include:
- Computer Help Desk Representative
- Help Desk Support Analyst
- Help Desk Technician
- Software Technical Support Analyst
- Systems Technical Support Analyst
- User Support Technician
Duties & Responsibilities
Individuals working in a Help Desk Support Analyst role provides first-line technical support to computer users experiencing difficulties with computer hardware, computer applications, and communications software. Their duties may include:
- Communicating electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine, document, and resolve problems experienced.
- Consulting user guides, technical manuals, and other documents to research and implement solutions.
- Providing advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties.
- Supporting users to install Windows desktop operating systems.
- Managing and troubleshooting access to computer resources.