Call Centre Customer Representative
The Call Centre Customer Service Representative Diploma program offers individuals the opportunity to acquire the skills required by many companies that specialize in customer service and outbound marketing services, and to provide skills to facilitate upward movement in their chosen profession. This program provides graduates with the necessary skills to answer enquiries and provide information regarding an establishment’s goods, services, and policies, and to provide excellent customer service when receiving orders or payments and processing requests for services.
- Tuition fees include student manuals and all other course materials.
- Financial assistance may be available to qualified students.
- Graduation requirements: Students must achieve a 75% average to obtain a diploma.
Graduates of this program have a varied choice of positions available to them ranging from Inbound/ Outbound marketing, Order Desk support, and Reservations to Team Leaders, Supervisors and eventually Managers of Call Centres.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer, in person or on the phone, enquiries from customers and investigate complaints.
- Take customer orders, respond to enquiries about these orders, and promote your establishment’s goods or services.
- Explain the type and cost of services offered, order services, and provide information about claims, billings, or accounts.
Personal Attributes Required
- Customer/client focused skills
- Well organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good command of the English language
- ;Aptitude to learn new application software
- Team worker
- Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status.
- Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instruction.
- An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
- Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
- Part-time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evenings, or on weekends.
Competencies upon Completion
(Minimum 25 words per minute)
- BASIC COMPUTER CONCEPTS
(Introduction to Personal Computers)
- OPERATING SYSTEMS
(Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating System)
- SOFTWARE FUNDAMENTALS
(Basic level of proficiency using the Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Excel Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word)
- BUSINESS SKILLS
(Completion of Business Correspondence Level 1, Business Math, Customer Service, Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, and Workplace Success/Intrapreneurship)
- HELP DESK & CALL CENTRE SKILLS
(Call Centre Industry Overview, Call Centre Telephone Sales, Call Centre Career Options and Opportunities, Call Centre Equipment and Technology, Call Centre Team Dynamics & Personal Development, and Telephone Communication Skills)
- EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS
(Job Search and Résumé Writing)
Students must complete a maximum 2 credits from the following:
- OFFICE SKILLS
- WORD PROCESSING
- BUSINESS SKILLS