Graduates from the Medical Receptionist Diploma program will be able to work effectively in any medical office as a receptionist. After completing this diploma they will have the acquired skills to enable them to meet and greet patients, direct them to appropriate services, answer telephones, take messages, schedule appointments and perform other routine administrative tasks.
DURATION: 28 weeks
THE PROGRAM WILL PROVIDE
- A clear understanding of medical office procedures and medical office terminology.
- The skills to handle general office duties such as filing, sorting and copying.
- The ability to perform word processing, spreadsheets and data management skills.
- The knowledge to book appointments and make referrals (both computerized and manual).
Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and can follow instructions. Applicants whose first language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency.
An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
- Dental Receptionist
- Physician’s Receptionist
- Optometrist’s Receptionist
- Medical Receptionist
Anticipated salary: C$24,934 – C$41,854 (Information from PayScale Canada)
Program Category: Healthcare
Program Syllabus: Click to Download