The International Hospitality Management Diploma from Academy of Learning College prepares students for careers in the demanding but rewarding world of hospitality management. Students will gain many management and operational skills and acquire the practical tools that will assist them in a hospitality service environment.
By the end of our 36-week program, students will have acquired the managerial skills to manage all physical aspects of a hotel, restaurant or hospitality property. They will also have the techniques to develop and maintain high-performance teams. Students learn purchasing strategies and techniques as well as relevant computer programs, including computer-based property management systems.
Our career consultants will go over your career goals and show you the financial assistance options that are right for you!
Duties & Responsibilities
The duties of hospitality management personnel are as diverse as the industry itself. Job duties vary but may include:
- Coordinating staff schedules, assigning duties and reviewing the work of fellow workers and staff.
- Establishing work schedules and procedures and coordinating activities with other work units or departments.
- Resolving work-related problems and preparing and submitting progress reports
- Hiring and training staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies.
- Ordering supplies and materials
- Ensuring smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work.
- Much more!
If you love working with people and want a career that’s challenging, fast-paced and always rewarding, our International Hospitality Management diploma may be the perfect fit for you!
Skills & Attributes
An International Hospitality Management diploma from Academy of Learning College Mississauga lets employers know that you have the skills required to do your job with confidence and professionalism. To be successful in this demanding industry, individuals must possess the ability to:
- Learn new skills and knowledge
- Formulate decisions and exercise good judgment
- Build working relationships to achieve goals
- Efficiently manage time and stress
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Be self-motivated, energetic, confident, and creative
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be detail oriented with a good memory
- Be resourceful and effectively plan and organize job tasks to delegate to employees
- Much more!
Graduates of the International Hospitality Management program find employment in a variety of service establishments. Students can look forward to a position as:
- Hospitality Manager
- Banquet Manager
- Food and Beverages Services Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Catering and Conference Services Manager
- Hotel Clerk Supervisor
- Reservations Supervisor
- Theater Attendants Supervisor
- So many more!
Job Readiness in 36 Weeks!
In only 36 weeks, you could be on your way to a whole new career in the hospitality industry. You’ll graduate with the training and confidence you need to succeed in your profession, and quickly get yourself on the path to personal and financial independence.